Ever wonder where all of the dogs stay when they are in New York for the annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show? Recognized as the host hotel, New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania is off and running as they continue planning for another successful year of hosting all canine hopefuls taking part in the 143rd Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show taking place on February 11th and 12th, 2019.
Westminster is the oldest, continuous sporting event in America, with the exception of the Kentucky Derby. The Dog Show is the most prestigious of National Dog Shows and has been held every year despite power shortages, hazardous weather conditions, economic depressions and World Wars.
As a Westminster Gold Star Partner, the World’s Most ‘Pup-ular’ Hotel will once again be offering exclusive services and amenities that make it the ‘Top Dog’ of hotels. It is the only hotel for Westminster competitors and they know it. From hosting ‘pup’tual Westminster wedding ceremonies to the annual star-studded Pet Fashion Show, the ‘Five-Paw’ hotel always goes the extra mile.
To prepare for this special event, the hotel is setting up a variety of exclusive onsite events and amenities to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including but not limited to:
- The exclusive Room To Groom S’paw’, the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, which offers canines everything they need to get ready for the Show: bathing tubs, dog grooming area, exercise/fitness area, and an in-house relieving area.
- Direct shuttle bus serviceexclusively for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day (courtesy of Westminster).
- A welcome package and treatsfor Westminster guests.
- ExclusiveProgressive Dog Club events.
- The 2019 New York Pet Fashion Show.
- Our exclusive on-site Doggie Conciergeto help with requests and tours.
The Groups, Junior Showmanship Finals and important Best In Show are held at Madison Square Garden, directly across the street from Hotel Pennsylvania. Only the Breed judging and benching will take place at Piers 92/94. But to help our guests, the Westminster Kennel Club has arranged exclusive shuttle buses to transport exhibitors, guests and spectators directly from the hotel to Piers 92/94 each day.
“It’s never too early to get ready for the Westminster Dog Show, and we look forward to welcoming all Westminster VIP’s (Very Important Pooches) to New York,” said Gene Nicotra, General Manager/All Dogs’ Best Friend at New York’s Hotel Pennsylvania. “Our ‘paw’fect location and exclusive ‘paw’menities are a treat for Westminster hopefuls and fans alike.”